Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Some thoughts on Grace

Ladies, I am blessed by this great group we have! Thank you all for sharing last night and being truly present!

Those of you who have read my contributions on CafeMom know I like to research topics and share, so here are some things I found on Grace:

I read somewhere that Grace is mentioned 170 times in the bible.

Acts 15:11
We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.”

Romans 5:20
God’s law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God’s wonderful grace became more abundant.

Romans 6:15
Well then, since God’s grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not!

2 Corinthians 12:9
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

I looked up GRACE in Websters Dictionary:
1 a : unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification b : a virtue coming from God c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace

Because of God's mercy, I do not receive the judgment of God against my sins; because of God's grace, I receive eternal life and a promise of heaven though I do not deserve them. -David Reagan

1 comment:

  1. I am going to post a comment here because I am curious if any of you out there get an email that says someone posted a comment on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.