Thursday, December 17, 2009

Last Meeting.....

I have been trying to capture the right words to express my feelings about Tuesday night. I want my words to show my love, appreciation, and awe for the evening. I just keep coming back to one word....HOLY. I felt that thick covering of the spirit....it was so strong when we sang together. Beautifully, Holy. Do you ever have that overwhelming sense that the Lord is smiling at a certain moment? I could clearly see Him smiling Tuesday as we shared communion together-it was unlike any other time I have had communion. Beautifully, Holy.
I felt a soft whisper in my ear as I sat at the table, with bread, wine, and broken glass. He kept telling me to "look". When I saw what He was talking about I felt my eyes well up....though I did not release until later. In that moment God reminded me of my prayer. A prayer I prayed endlessly to have friendships in Casa Grande-it was not that my friendships in Phoenix were bad or unfulfilling, but the distance was just that distant. I prayed for girlfriends.....He is a God of MORE THAN ENOUGH....when He said "look" I saw MORE than girlfriends; I saw sisters. Beautifully Holy. No gossip, no cliques, no hiding, no pretending. It is not common in a group of women to be the way we are together. Beautifully, Holy. That night I wept for the gift that God has given me in each of you. I am sure that He spoke to each of you that evening-showing you something...some gift, some delight, some revelation.
My words never quite seem to do justice to His holiness or His presence. I am thankful. Blessed. Full. Beloved.

Your Sister,
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. THAT was beautiful, Jen. And I'm grieving the loss of that closeness in my life right now. Even though I skype in once in a while, it's not the same as being in your presence. But I know what I'm missing...and that in itself is a blessing. That may sound strange, but I take comfort in knowing you are all together and growing in God together. And knowing that there is a group of Godly women out there resting in Him and finding out who they are in Him is soooo encouraging and strengthening for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nicely said Jennifer.... As for me I know what you felt like without friends in town. I lived here for 3 years without any friends...and I had 3 little children..so I thank God everyday for the women I have met and have become friends with...I love you all...

    ReplyDelete

'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.