Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How Are You Dear One?

I wanted to share my response to a close friend's question, "How are you dear one?" (I love it when she calls me dear one:)

My response, "Since not working this year, I have felt at loose ends. I am involved with bible study and projects at church, I lunch with friends, I volunteer at Amee's school and elsewhere, but I still felt disconnected. I have not gone out of my way to involve myself in the Casa Grande community and as a result many of my relationships were work related. I have been praying for quite some time (years) for some "authentic Christian girlfriends". I struck up a friendship with a young mom at Amee's ballet class. We started talking about books and Redeeming Love came up. She invited me to join her book/bible study group that is studying Hosea along side Redeeming Love. It is a very diverse group of women with one thing in common they absolutely authentically LOVE the LORD!! This group is an answer to my prayers."

Thank you all for being real, being honest and including me.
Jane

3 comments:

  1. I am responding to this post with tears streaming down my face.....God is AMAZING!!! Seeing His hands at work is so overwhelming to me. Thank you for sharing this Jane-I am so blessed by your friendship and your presence at the bible study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane,
    Thank you for sharing and know this: You were prayed for before you met Jennifer, before you came the first Tuesday night, before you shared in discussion, and before you wrote this post. I'm glad you were brave enough to show up. I like that you're here. :)
    Hugs...
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am writing this with tears in my eyes also, Jen! I missed this week and was so bummed about it. Reading your post, Jane, lifted me up somehow. We are so blessed to have you in our study group. I know how it feels to be disconnected from Christian sisters, so I can empathize with you! I love all of you and really am sad when I miss our discussions/fellowship! We are a unique group, I hope you all realize that. I have belonged to many bible/study groups in my time, but none so real as this one. Love you all, Lindy

    ReplyDelete

'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.