Wednesday, January 6, 2010

OH THE LORD'S BEEN GOOD TO ME!

...And so there is one more reason I will always remember this group of amazing women....You were the first friends with whom I learned the Johnny Appleseed Grace song! I plan on teaching it to my children. So, for any who wants to remember too:

Johnny Appleseed Grace (song):

Oh, the Lord's been good to me. And so I thank the Lord For giving me the things I need: The sun, the rain and the appleseed; Oh, the Lord's been good to me.

Here is the rest of the song:
Oh, and every seed I sow Will grow into a tree. And someday there'll be apples there For everyone in the world to share. Oh, the Lord is good to me. Oh, here I am 'neath the blue, blue sky Doing as I please. Singing with my feathered friends Humming with the bees. I wake up every day, As happy as can be, Because I know that with His care My apple trees, they will still be there. The Lord's been good to me. I wake up every day As happy as can be, Beacuse I know the Lord is there Watchin' over all my friends and me The Lord is good to me.

This is a good video to help remember the tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJb83gM2Vpo


Hugs and love,
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it!!! I hadn't sung that little song in years and it was so wonderful to sing it with all of you dear ones!! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and so do the girls. We put it on this morning-Mayah informed me that she already knew it from Miss Julie! LOL! I am also going to teach it to them. I always envisioned my children just singing praises to the Lord throughout the day and this is one of those tunes that you just can sing all day.....
    Thanks!
    BTW-we have sung twice together now...WAY out of my comfort zone and I just love it!!!! God is good!

    ReplyDelete

'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.