Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chew on this...4/20 Mmmmm...

Chocolate - so rich, sweet, dense and so satisfying to the soul! No wonder we are having a chocolate party next week!! This group does NOTHING short of rich, sweet, full and satisfying to the soul!! I can't wait to finish watching Chocolat with you all next Tuesday!

Last Tuesday there were several simple, yet profound statements made. For those who couldn't make it...your voices were missed!

Here is a short overview of our discussion and thought-provoking questions:
  • Regarding our forgiveness rocks: Some shared how 'heavy' it felt to carry throughout the week, how much it brought the 'subject' to light, and how resentment plays a role in that forgiveness part. A paraphrased quote from Augsberger ~ Initial resentment is a healthy first step to knowing something is wrong because it propels us forward~ If left unresolved, it can turn toxic. But, where do I begin?...
  • Do I begin with forgiving myself ?
  • What makes it so difficult to forgive myself?!?
  • What is the difference between accepting and forgiving, excusing and forgiving, tolerating and forgiving, forgetting and forgiving?
  • And lastly...Just like chocolate - simple and yet so profound - Forgiveness has already been offered. My job is to simply accept it.

On another note....I have posted some more prayer requests/praise reports on the April Prayer Request/Praise Reports topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.