Friday, June 4, 2010

From a Friend of Mine

A great friend of mine wrote this today and I wanted to share it with you:
Topic was Unanswered Prayers

I just read something that said "Jesus NEVER mentioned unanswered prayer. He had the boundless certainty that prayer is always answered. 'Everyone that asks...receives.' God answers prayer in the best way, not sometimes, but every time, although the immediate manifestation of the answer in the domain in which we want it may not always... See More follow.

If we think of prayer as the breath in our lungs and the blood from our hearts, we think rightly. God wants us to be as intimately acquainted with Himself as Jesus was. Prayer is not in order to get answers from God, it is perfect and complete oneness with God. If we pray because we want answers, we will get huffed with God. Prayer is to get greater understanding of who He is.

Was the last thing you prayed about devoted to your desire or to God? Determined to get some gift or to get God? He knows what we need before we ask. The point of asking is that you may get to know God better.

Am I always in contact with Him or do I only pray when things have gone wrong, when there is a disturbance in the moments of my life? Too often we hurl our own petitions at God's throne and dictate to Him as to what we wish Him to do. We do not worship God, nor do we seek to form the mind of Christ." Therefore we have what we deem to be "unanswered prayer".

1 comment:

  1. A thought came to my mind regarding the ways this piece of writing talks about how we come to God with prayer...one is often (not always) motivated by the control we think we have or want to keep. The other is motived by the relationship and desire to love God freely.
    What I find even MORE amazing is that He doesn't take petition prayer off the table...in fact Jesus addresses it specifically. I believe this is so we know we can always come to Him, even to ask.
    Thanks for this, Jennifer. I needed to read this today. I miss everyone dearly and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.