I've had so much fun reading all the discussion. I'm devoted to you all tonight! I love it, too!
I don't really have any questions this time around, mostly something to share. Today my pastor at church said something that struck me. I immediately thought of Immaculee. Here is what he said...
"True relationship (with God) builds faith and boldness that we might stand strong in the face of opposition."
Opposition doesn't even begin to describe the immense struggles Immaculee faced. I have always appreciated the amazing boldness and the deep faith she writes about during her long suffering. And, of course I have also questioned whether I could actually have that. She even wrote about how there were times after her rescue in which she yearned to be back in that small bathroom so that she could be in deep communion with God again. I often wonder if, during that time in the bathroom, she felt God presence in the form of contemplative prayer??
Either way, his statement helps me see how one can have peace/joy/love and suffering at the same time. Of course, I'm not suggesting Immaculee experienced joy during that time but, I do believe she was in God's presence and experienced peace.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh she did experience peace in times of great fear...literally death at her door! I am reading her second book and in it she has taken a room at a church....a tiny bedroom (I believe she states that it is about the size of the bathroom she was in). She prayed about having that space to be alone in His presence-no distractions, just Immaculee and her Father.
ReplyDeleteIt is a gentle reminder that we all need quiet time with Him. We all need a time of rest. She seems to have this understanding....she knows the benefit of getting rid of ALL distractions and just being with Him. I love when she talks about repeating the word "Father" until she fell asleep and she woke up smiling....He had started to fill her joy cup again. Beautiful.