Here is a blogger I follow. This woman has an AMAZING story about how she was able to leave a legalistic church. Recently I came across this post and thought I would share. Just something to think about as we move into the next season of our group. Just click on the link below.
Love and miss you all during our break.
Julie
I know the Bible too well | Elizabeth Esther
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, I just read her bio and her post about "I can't go to church anymore". Intense. Real. Authentic.
ReplyDeleteI sit here wondering how these legalistic/fundamentalist churches continue to attract people and grow. What is so appealing about it? It is such a great misrepresentation of the "church" Jesus came here for and left us with. He was never about shame. He was never about singling out the hurt to make an example of them. I will go on and read more of her posts....thanks for sharing.