Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chew on this...10/13

At last Tuesday night's meeting Kathy suggested we ask ourselves two questions this week:

1. How have I experienced grace today? yesterday? the day before?

2. Am I intentional about seeing grace?

Lately I have been asking myself: Why is it easier to show grace to some and more difficult to show grace to others? Jennifer posted this on the last QOTW that has stuck with me, and I think it relates well to my question: "To get out of 'being' lukewarm we must have the willingness to fail. If we stay in our comfort zone all the time and never RISK anything then we stay lukewarm". This goes so well with Kathy N.'s last post: "God can never make us wine if we object to the fingers He uses to crush us with." Is it possible that our willingness to experience suffering may have something to do with showing, seeing, experiencing and receiving grace? Isn't it interesting how much easier it is to show grace when we have experienced the same pain as another??? Just something I've been thinking about this week. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Much love,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.