After our discussion about fear last Tuesday, I can't stop thinking about something GramiSu (Susie) posted on the blog a couple weeks ago about her fear..."Woke up in fear so intense this morning it feels like Big Foot is standing on my chest."
When I image this, I can see so clearly how the heaviness of fear (Big Foot) takes the "breath" right out of us. It debilitates us. I mean, what CAN we really do without the ability to breathe. Without breath, the body shuts down. Think about it. Chew on it.
About last Tuesday...
Kathy gave us an assignment to be written on our 3X5 cards. After reading John 11:44, rewrite the verse with blanks to be filled in with answers that apply to yourself. It would look like this: "Unbind (my name) and let (my fear or other) go free!"
It really helped me to read the more of the story of Lazarus again, so I have put more verses here. I really encourage you to read the previous verses not listed here too. The entire chapter was too long for this space.
John 11:38-44 (New Living Translation)
38 Jesus was still angry as he arrived at the tomb, a cave with a stone rolled across its entrance. 39 “Roll the stone aside,” Jesus told them.
But Martha, the dead man’s sister, protested, “Lord, he has been dead for four days. The smell will be terrible.”
40 Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that you would see God’s glory if you believe?” 41 So they rolled the stone aside. Then Jesus looked up to heaven and said, “Father, thank you for hearing me. 42 You always hear me, but I said it out loud for the sake of all these people standing here, so that they will believe you sent me.” 43 Then Jesus shouted, “Lazarus, come out!” 44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, “Unbind Lazarus and let him go free!”
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.