What a warm, refreshing discussion! (literally...Steve served to-order lattes! We love you, man!) As individuals, each one of us is taken and blessed by God. This was the topic of our discussion last Tuesday. But, this week my mind and heart are also wrapped up in another thought: As a whole, as a group, as a family, as a community....could it be that we (this book group) are also taken and blessed? I do not ask this as a way of puffing ourselves up because we all know we are work in progress. The thought has been my heart that maybe we are working as individuals to do something Mighty as a whole group? Hmm. Not sure this makes sense, but I'll go with it. :) Think about it. Pray about it. For me, I am absolutely awestruck by the work He has done and is doing in each one of us, which is only more validation to the fact that we are absolutely chosen and blessed in Him.
If you weren't with us last week, Kathy gave us a very thought provoking "assignment":
Reflect on and write about a time when you were blessed in a special way. Choose any format (i.e. first person story telling, journaling, outline, etc.) Capture the feelings, settings, and essence of that moment when you knew you were a Beloved Child of God.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Absolutely could not get to the last two weeks' studies...my loss. One week I had flu symptoms, last week my daughter and grandson from Alabama were visiting. I've found that frustrating, but wanted you to know I didn't miss for lack of "want to." I so agree with you Julie. I'm amazed at the honesty in your group and it's helping me to be honest too. Thank you dear ladies.
ReplyDelete