QOTM (Question of the Month)...obviously, daily questions are hard to come by these days! :)
I know I have been absent from most of our meetings, so the answer to this question may be obvious to you if you discussed this and I am not aware of it. However, it has been nagging at me and I wanted to post it and get your thoughts on this.
What is the difference between being "cursed" and being "broken"?
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I do not believe we did discuss this.....excellent question. Hoping Kathy gets on here.....hmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! I'm tickled that you are asking these questions again! Pastor reminded me in church on Sunday of Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" and I think that's what your questions do for me! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about this question a lot lately. In particular, I've been thinking about the amazing people I know who thrive in their lives while living with debilitating diseases. How do they do this day in and day out without carrying an attitude of being cursed? I think it's possible because they know the difference between being cursed and broken.
In other words, I can live with an attitude of being cursed or I can live an attitude of being broken. One leads to spiritual death (darkness) and the other can lead me to spritual life. If I see my pain as cursed, then I am allowing the darkness to reside in my life and therefore see no purpose for living. If I accept that pain square in the face, recognize it and all its attributes, then eventually I move my strong eyes toward Him. Now, I know this sounds too easy...I don't say it lightly. But, I do believe if I look at it(the pain) long enough, eventually I will be ready for a better place. Jesus was broken, not cursed. He faced the pain, He acknowledged it, He didn't hide it. I think it's when we reside with the pain while also denying it's real that we start to carry an attitude of being cursed.
Julie....NICE!
ReplyDelete