If you watch American Idol, then you saw Crystal Bowersox's amazing performance of this song. The lyrics are beautiful. Just wanted to share.
People Get Ready
People get ready, there's a train a comin'
You don't need no baggage, you just get on board
All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin'
Don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord
People get ready for the train to Jordan
It's picking up passengers from coast to coast
Faith is the key, open the doors and board 'em
There's hope for all among those loved the most.
There ain't no room for the hopeless sinner
Who would hurt all mankind just to save his own
Have pity on those whose chances grow thinner
For there's no hiding place against the Kingdom's throne
So people get ready, there's a train a comin'
You don't need no baggage, you just get on board
All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin'
Don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! What a group! I truly sense God at work in each one's life. He is so good -- and gracious and merciful -- and forgiving!
ReplyDeleteIn thinking about the other posts and discussions we've had, the idea of forgiveness being submission came back to mind -- and how to submit requires humility, and that word comes from the same root as humus, or earth -- so it's very basic, "low" (near the ground) in the sense of I Cor. 13 -- not seeking it's own way, not taking offense, etc. But then II Chronicles 7:14 came to mind as well -- note the connection: "If my people, who are called by my name, will seek my face (my presence!), and humble themselves, and pray -- then I will hear from heaven and will forgive, and heal their land." Humility -- forgiveness -- healing -- prayer. How it fits together!
I also re-read this by Deitrich Bonhoeffer: "Cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance." And repentance requires humility, and an acknowledgement of sin/sinfulness. And I John 1:9-10 says that "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse -- read "heal" -- us from all wrongdoing. If we claim that we've not sinned, we make a liar out of Him -- and show our ignorance of God."
I missed seeing you all on Tuesday! So blessed to have you all in my life. Chocolat is one of my absolute fave movies. I get something new from it every time. I was amused and struck by Kathy N.'s recent post when I read that humility comes from the root "humus" or basic/ground.. Sort of like hummus is, you know the food?! It is very basic, and so delicious. Isn't humility like that, delicious and so basic, so simple and so healing? Food for thought, isn't it? Love you all...
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I just got finished reading everything on the blog. How awesome for all the sharing and spiritual food that I received this evening. I feel so privileged to be part of this group. We are awesome women who have been selected to take a voyage or journey with each other and to learn, teach and guide each other and others along the way. What a gift, what a blessing. Thank you and I love you all.
ReplyDeleteJulie,
If you want to publish that on the blog feel free. I am computer challenged tonight.
Thanks,
Kathy B.