Every single week this group of women amazes me. I awake Tuesday morning with fervent expectancy for what God has in store for us that night. And, as I think more and more about the story that Jennifer told of Jesus meeting us fact-to-face just as we reach out to touch His robe, I believe He met us fact-to-face last Tuesday night.
Much Love,
Julie
This week's spiritual food is from Kathy N:
Thinking about obedience:
"Obedience is to do God's will, not to be useful, not to win souls; [the believer] is useful, and she does win souls, but that is not her aim. Her aim is to do the will of her Lord."
Then -- and this fits with Tuesday night's discussion about "functional atheism," etc.: "God's call has nothing to do with personal sanctification, but with being made broken bread and poured-out wine. God can never make us wine if we object to the fingers He uses to crush us with." Yikes! (I have a story about this).
I add: Too often we are more concerned about "the whine" in us than being made into "wine!"
..."to be a sacramental personality means that the elements of the natural life are presenced by God as they are broken providentially in His service."
We reject or run from being broken -- especially when we are so aware of our own broken-ness -- we don't want more of that, we want, long for -- wholeness, integration. That's of God -- but there is no easy route to that.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful! I really believe the holy spirit was deeply present Tuesday night....I felt it's weight. Honestly, I could not get up from my seat.
ReplyDeleteKathy your words here are deep and I read them twice to hear them...really hear them.
Before I got on here I was having some quiet time in my house....the girls are quiet, the phone ringer is off....quiet. I emptied the dishwasher and had a chat with my God. He brought the verse, I can do ALL things through Christ(Phil 4:13)....I repeated it several times. As I was saying it I kept hearing All, All, All. Not some things, not things that fit into the "mold of me", not only those things I think I am gifted in....ALL things. All? Yes. Sometimes we are put in situations...life...that we think, "I can't...I won't....I am not capable" It can't be true. I can do ALL things with Christ....using His strength, His gifts. Talk about discovering the mystery of who we really are?!
One of David's coworkers first response to his new job and all the travel that is going to come with it was, "I feel bad for Jennifer." I chuckled when he told me this (as did David). I am NOT supermom (though I borrow her outfit once in a while), but I know that I can do ALL things because Jesus lives in me. Is it going to be a stretch, yes. Will I fall? Most likely. But knowing I CAN do it will get me through it.
I imagine what it will be like for my girls to grow up knowing they can do ALL things.....they are not limited by anyone or anything if they allow Jesus into their heart and have Him walk side by side with them. How exciting!!!!
I know this is lengthy, but I wanted to encourage someone...or maybe you read this and someone you know needs this word. We can do ALL things through Christ Jesus.
I love you my sisters....