Thursday, October 22, 2009

QOTW...10/23

I'm intrigued and puzzled by the question in Kathy's last post...so it becomes our question this week.

How did Jesus fail? Or DID he fail?

3 comments:

  1. My first thought about this isn't really an answer...but more questioning. Doesn't failure imply imperfection? But Jesus was perfect, so if He did fail...it must not imply that. I think I need more clarification about what Jesus failed at. Anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe some would look at Jesus in the garden and say he failed (matt 26:39) praying 3 times that this "cup of suffering" be taken away from him. Giving in to his flesh, not wanting the physical pain he would endure, yet also wanting to do the will of his father.....that makes me think of myself. I do not want to endure the pain, but I want to do his will...hmmmm. I am not sure where else I am going with this.....only that Jesus was a BIG risk taker (in the things he did, the things he said, and the beliefs he had toward the law) and to be a risk taker you are always risking failure....hmmmmm. Ok, maybe this one needed another cup of coffee ladies. Anyone else????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This question has me stretching. Not sure I can wrap my mind around this one. Failure...there must be two definitions. Our humanly concept of failure would say over and over that, yes, Jesus failed to save, right? Because look at the state of the world. But, then, again, God expects us to miss the mark, (and can you really equate sin to failure??) which is why we needed a savior in the first place...just thoughts running through my mind right now. I'll probably come back to this one. Kind of rambling...I know.

    ReplyDelete

'Core' responses from Beautiful Women of God

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.